LEARN TO DOODLE 2.0 Workshop
THE POWER OF DOODLING:
Helping You Learn, Communicate and Think Outside the Box
Are you a leader or decision-maker looking for an easier and more impactful way to set your priorities and see the big picture - and ensure that you and your team are all on the same page?
Are you a sales and marketing professional, looking for a way to stand out from the crowd and impress the heck out of your current and future clients?
Are you a presenter, speaker or trainer losing your audience's attention with boring Powerpoint presentations or who knows your audience is tuning out your Powerpoints or struggling to decipher your Flipchart scribbles?
Or, are you a life-long learner feeling overwhelmed just trying to implement (let alone remember) some of the great things you've learned?
If you answered "Yes!" to any of these questions, then let me introduce you to the power of Doodling.
Yup, doodling. Making marks on paper. Using shapes, simple figures, connecting elements and colours to get your best ideas percolating and get your point across.
In our crazy, busy, hustling 'round the clock world, relief, clarity and creative thinking can truly be as close as your nearest marker and sketch pad!
I'm a "Doodle-evangelista" and I believe that doodling isn't just for the "creative" or "artists" out there. I think Doodling is the secret sauce for clear thinking and meaningful action for leaders, decision-makers, managers, organizational change agents and influencers.
In fact, some of the greatest minds, leaders, artists, and innovators - including Einstein, Churchill, da Vinci, Bill Gates, John Lennon -- were doodlers!
In this 2.0 version of my highly popular, experiential and hands-on "Learn to Doodle" workshop, I'm bringing in new elements of training to show how doodling can help you to make decisions, create effective presentations, and access creativity and out-of-the-box thinking.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! Act now, and take advantage of Decisive Action savings of $100 if you register by September 22.
Here's what You will learn:
- Why visual story-telling and visual tools will become needed skills in the 21st century for leaders, decision-makers, consultants, facilitators, sales and marketing teams, and change agents
- The brain science behind doodling and whole brain learning - something that is SUPER important for leaders, decision-makers, consultants, facilitators and marketers
- How and why artistic or drawing ability is NOT required to doodle. (Really, it isn't! Just ask my Grade 7 art teacher who will confirm I had no talent for drawing!)
- The 5 keys to preparing yourself to doodle joyfully, fearlessly and effectively
- The 6 elements of a great Doodle Note - I'll teach you the essentials of simple typography, structure, basic icons, effective use of color, separators, and "Wow Factor" moves.
- Get a Jump start on your Visual Icon Library - I'll get you started with my "Top 20 Icons" reference list, plus we'll develop specific visual icons you need to have to fit your unique business, marketing and communications needs
- Dedicated time to brainstorm how YOU want to use Doodle Notes. I want to make sure you not only have a fantastic experience, but that you get a great return on your investment of time and money. So there is dedicated time right in the workshop for you to see how you can apply and monetize these new skills. In the past, we've had participants:
- Learn the power of graphic templates to help you make decisions and choices FAST! You'll learn how to design templates of your own you can use to coach clients, impress potential clients; express your brand in a unique way; or help you make a decision quickly. The sky is the limit to what is possible when you bring doodling into your life - professionally and personally!
- You'll get your "Learn to Doodle" Handbook - a complete 70-page reference guide with course materials, exercises and templates you'll refer to over and over again after the training is over.
- You'll get your very own "Learn to Doodle Tool Kit" - complete with the best pens, markers and sketchbook. It took me WEEKS to figure out the best pens and markers - which ones bleed through paper, which ones smudge, what's the right weight of paper, and more. I take all the guesswork out and give you the right tools to get your doodling life started on the right path!
Sounds Great, Carolyn! How much is it?
The registration fee for the workshop is $497 Canadian (plus HST).
This is a very hands-on workshop, so seats are limited. Decisive Action Savings of $100 are available if you register before September 22. That means you can register for just $397 (plus HST).
I only offer these public workshops twice a year. Once the workshop fills, the doors close until my next live workshop, which will be in the sprng of 2018.
Plus, to make sure you get your doodling journey started off on the right foot, I've assembled a "Learn to Doodle Tool Kit." An additional $35 materials charge will be applied upon checkout for the Tool Kit that gives you the best pens, markers and sketchbooks I use to create my own Doodle Notes.
Having your own "Learn to Doodle Tool Kit" saves you a lot of time and heartache! I am just passing my costs of getting them through to you because I don't want you to get discouraged or frustrated in doodling because you didn't have the right gear.
What's on the Agenda?
As a trainer, I use a blend of both teaching AND exercises. I'm a big believer that you learn best by DOING, so this is a highly experiential, fun and creative workshop :)
The day typically just flies by! I keep the numbers small so it feels very safe and intimate to experiement and try out your new skills. I give individual attention to everyone and make sure there's plenty of opportunity to get your questions answered.
More than just learning how to doodle, I've heard time and again from participants how they feel TRANSFORMED by their experience. What do they tell me? Just a few things like...
....More confidence ...Greater willingness to speak up ... Less procrastination ....More focus and productivity.
Yup, all from hanging out for a day with me, your markers, some great workshop participants and choosing to bring more creativity to your world!
Here's what you can expect us to cover at the workshop!
Creativity Warm-up and Pre-Doodling Preparation
The Brain Science Behind Doodling
|11:00||Doodling Essentials: Lettering and Basic Figures
Building Your Visual Icon Library
|12:30||Lunch - a delicious meal is included|
|1:15||Options for Layout
Giving Your Doodle a WOW! Factor: Colours, Shading
|2:00||Putting it Together - Creating Your First Doodle Note
|3:30||Escaping the Monotony of Powerpoint and Flip Charts
Applications of Doodling in Your World
Insights and Next Steps
The workshop will take place at a beautiful and exclusive women's business club in downtown Toronto. Known for its creative ambience, and award-winning food, you'll take inspiration from some lovely surroundings as part of your creative journey for the day!
The Verity Club
111d Queen Street East (just west of Jarvis)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Toronto - within walking distance of transit and parking, shopping and fine dining.
Workshop Cancellation Policy:
We understand that circumstances may prevent you from attending the workshop. If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute, defer your registration to the next workshop, or request a refund. All changes to the original registration are subject to a $75 administrative fee. Requests for refunds or deferral to a future workshop must be made by email no later than 15 business days before the workshop. No refunds will be provided within 15 days of the workshop. The name of a substitute may be provided until 5 business days before the workshop.